Tuesday, August 14, 2007

i'm changing the name to mandel biscotti

Evidently mandel bread is supposed to be like biscotti. I was expecting comfort bread that is doughy and soft. Looking at the recipe now I probably should have realized that it wasn’t going to turn out that way but as I said, I had no idea exactly what mandel bread was. You say bread and I think warm, piping hot, just out the oven freshness. Now if they called it mandel biscuits or mandel biscotti, I would have been a little more clued into the outcome. So the mandel whatever-you-want-to-call-it turned out ok by those standards. I personally don’t think it tastes all the great, even after dunking it in tea and wonder if all parts were mixed well enough. Not having a mixer and only using my own strength and a wooden spoon I suspect something went wrong. I may try a couple more just to be sure but I’m fairly certain the fate of this mandel bread-that-should-be-named-biscuit will be making some chickens very happy.

No comments: