Saturday, November 20, 2010

30 years

July 13

It's a milestone. I've never feared it, only looked forward to it. Being 30 means so many things - my thirties are supposed to be better than my twenties, and I'm certainly excited about that but this specific birthday was certainly not the best.


We had only had Leelu for barely one day but I wanted to go out for a walk with her. Went out, brought my phone and within the ten minutes we were gone, I some how lost my phone and despite my efforts, it was no where to be found. I was a mess, tears all over the place and me kicking myself for being so irresponsible. And it was my birthday so that meant I couldn't get any fun text messages or phone calls.

That night we gathered with a small group of people at one of the nicest restaurants in town, Amanzi, and the evening truly was great. Good conversation and good dessert - all I could ask for really.

2 comments:

Jesse said...

I hope Jason is enjoying life away from Greytown. It looks like you both are enjoying being back in S.A.

Anonymous said...

Hi
Please keep posting. I am Zimbabwean living in US and it's so nice to read about what is going on in H Town (Harare).